Monday, May 30, 2016

Week 1 of Half Training Done - check!

Week 1 of training plan - done! 3 three mile runs and 1 four mile run in Saturday.  I was procrastinating getting my run in Saturday morning and my friend Erin text me & told me to get my ass in gear :)  My 4 miles Saturday felt pretty good & I ran a lot faster than usual...



I was very happy with that! Me & Charlie cooling off - I have tried to run with him a couple times but he is still in puppy phase and zig zagging around and looks back at me like 
"WTF are we running from?!?" :)


So this week will be a repeat of last as far as training goes - 3 three mile runs and 1 four mile run. And....I will actually register for the race on June 1st as there is a discount on this day. It still is a little daunting to me but - just tackling it one week at a time.

As far as my nutrition - I have splurged a bit on the holiday weekend. We did a beer brunch yesterday morning post-run at Brasserie with Perennial beer pairings. It was delicious but... I think the Side Project pairing was a little bit better.


So we split everything... half the calories half the fat, right?  I will share my two favorite dishes from he brunch.

These beignets were the first part of the meal (not on menu) and wow, these are so very fluffy - amazing!


 Poached eggs over asparagus and a hollandaise mustard sauce & crispy potatoes - so very rich but so good!

I was very happy that I got my miles in before brunch....definitely helped put a dent in the calorie damage for the day. Today will be some food prep for the short week ahead (off on Friday to take Charlie to the vet) - Hope everyone has an awesome holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment