Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Slow & Steady

Time has just been flying - I have thought about blogging quite a few times but obviously have not made the time. Tonight I am multi-tasking....blues playoff hockey and blogging :)

So the past few weeks have been a mix of healthy days and not so healthy days as far as my nutrition. When I am on - I am so good! But when I am not feeling it - watch out. And - I had a girls weekend in Atlanta and a couple girls night out and well.... I am not at the point that I am going to skip wine on my GNO. Not sure if I will ever be there but - that's another blog post entirely :)

I AM trying to celebrate the small victories more as I know they add up. For example today - lunch was ordered in from one of my favorite delis/bakeries and I said no thank you. I ate my healthy lunch I packed of grilled chicken, green beans & sweet potatoes. I passed on what I would typically order here - a grilled cheese sandwich (blue cheese, bacon & honey) and a fat ass sugar cookie with about 3 inches of icing on top. Yup. I was very tempted as hello... 3 inches of icing and bacon? But - I was proud of myself for sticking to my healthy eats. And you know what - i survived. I didn't really miss it or have lunch regrets. YAY - go me!

Running has also become more commonplace for me - I am up to 3 miles with no stopping... at a snails pace BUT hey, slow is better than no, right? I have never been overly concerned about my pace and more focused on upping miles & endurance. I am thinking of a race this fall but I will share more of that in my next post :)

Anyway - Amy Schemer posted this on Instagram today and it made me laugh....this is so me.....



More so that I go to the gym once - or work out for a week - and I am like hey.... where are the results?! I am trying to focus on consistency and the journey and not get overly hung up on the results (or lack thereof). Slow & steady baby - slow and steady!



No comments:

Post a Comment