Saturday, April 23, 2016

Starting Fresh....

I have been toying around with starting another blog for a few months now....my other blog I talk about well...pretty much everything. I started it almost 9 years ago....holy wow is that possible?? Wow time flies! So much has changed and evolved since then and I wanted to start a blog to focus more on my nutrition, health, exercise.... and sometimes my lack thereof. Really this is for selfish reasons -  to help me stay motivated & accountable!

The past two years have been stressful. I won't go into everything here but between work stress, losing a pet, dealing with some personal health issues, etc etc etc... I have dealt with my stress by drinking all the wine and eating all the cupcakes. No amount of gym time can balance that diet plan out. Just recently I have come out of this sugar booze fog and realized I was medicating myself by giving myself permission to drink/eat whatever because... hey I deserve it dammit!  

Made it through that stressful business meeting? All the gooey butter cake! 
Missing my sweet dog that passed? brownies & vino for dinner - why not!?

Bad day at work? Wine...stat! 16 oz is a glass, right?

Thinking about all those years of birth control pills that apparently was not necessary?! wings & a bucket of beer anyone?

And of course the flip side of that is that I also celebrated a lot of good things over the past 2 years in the same fashion. Basically... there was no chill on the steady stream of sugar & booze. I still was squeezing in a salad or a workout or water here or there but to be honest - I have been off the nutrition track for a solid two years. And I've got the muffin top.... or really more of a jumbo cupcake with extra frosting barrel... to prove it.

So I have just felt like it is time to start fresh, get focused, clear the cupcake wine haze & get accountable.

I went with Wine to Finish Line as - I will always love a nice bottle glass of wine and running is my therapy. My mission is to enjoy these both & balance them out. And hopefully drop some weight in the process. I hope you will follow me along this journey.... I will need your support, encouragement & general harassment. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the new blog name so much!!! Excited to see your posts!

    ReplyDelete