Friday, July 8, 2016

7 Miles!

life has been crazy busy with work & out of town guests! But very happy & proud to report my half-training is going strong! I even got up last weekend early when we had house-guests and got my 6 mile long run in. And today - I ran 7 miles! This is the furthest distance I have run ever in my life.

I was exhausted but very proud of myself here :)


I had planned to run 5 miles this morning but when I woke up at 5am it was raining and lightening out so decided to go back to bed.  I was very happy I did this as our bed felt amazing and I got another hour or so of sleep :) But then i started working as soon as I woke up and one thing lead to another so - decided I would run 5 on the dreadmill. Ugh.

I really really REALLY do not like running on our treadmill as well, it's boring and I am not really much into watching shows or movies while I run. But decided the treadmill was a better option than the heat and humidity outside... think it was in the 90s with 90%ish humidity. This is awful to run in - so hard to breathe and you just feel like you are running through mud. Ugh!

Anyway - I was feeling great in miles 4 & 5 and decided I would push through and just do my long run today - 7 miles - when all of a sudden at 5 miles, my treadmill shut down. Boooooo. No good.

So I made a split decision to just run the final 2 outside. Not the best decision of the day as it was awful out and I am sure I looked like a crazy woman to anyone that I passed - I was sweating my ass off & cussing like a sailor as my legs were starting to cramp up. Sounds awesome, right?

BUT - I finished & once I got inside & my husband brought me some water and a chilled towel from the fridge....and OK maybe after I laid on the floor panting for like 20 minutes and cursing some more... well I felt amazing. Accomplished. Happy. Proud.

YAY ME!!!!

So now I am in bed again and cannot wait to crash. I know I will sleep soundly tonight. And I don't have to get up early for my long run - whooooo!!!! Only problem is I am starving right now after burning all those calories but.... too tired to get up and snack. Big breakfast tomorrow folks!

Cheers to 7 miles and a big breakfast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment