Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Humidity & Rainbows

I am so happy I have had four days in a row to chill. It has been amazing to just recharge - admittedly i have not done everything I wanted to accomplish but - that's ok. I am trying to enjoy my days off and do what I want to do versus making a to do list and feeling pressured to get that shit done. One of the pros to being childless :) I can be selfish on my days off and make them all about me!

Lots of running going on - I am very proud of myself for pushing through, sticking to my training plan, getting the miles in on hot sticky days & just doing it.  Just started Week 4 which is another 2 four mile funs, 1 five mile run Saturday and an easy three mile run.

Here I am after a 4 miler this past week - note the ice on the knees :)


Can you feel in these next two pics just how hot and humid it is here?? The runs have been brutal and I know it is only going to get worse. 

Must. Get. Up. Earlier.



Cute right? ;)

this was a day i was feeling good - my jeans are starting to feel a lot less "snug" as D-lo would say.
Note the messy guest bedroom - I may have been a wee bit distracted this week by Peaky Blinders mid way through organizing my closet - whoops.


Here is a close up of my new necklace - love it! It is by Lisa Jill Jewelry  - I have had my eye on her necklaces for about a year - my friend Tiffany in Atlanta has a buddha necklace by her that I fell in love with. I finally decided to buy one for myself - love love LOVE! Sometime you just have to treat yo self :)


 Erin and I are doing our long runs together on Saturdays....we ran at about 7am for our 5 miles on Saturday - WOW was it humid. I was worried as Erin runs much faster than me but - we did really great together - only had to stop a couple of times (the heat was really getting to me) and we ran the last mile nonstop and even sprinted the last bit - we are so awesome :)

We ran around our neighborhoods - had to get our photo by the mural behind Venice Cafe - i LOVE this place so much - so funky


This fine lady was a part of the mural as well... cutie bootie!


I was feeling extra glowy Saturday after our run and after I did a mini facial here at the house - I exfoliate once a week with Peter Thomas Roth Peeling Gel (drop everything and buy this product now!!) it is amazing and makes my face feel smooth and glowy! 
I get mine at sephora and really wish they sold it by the gallon - I use it on my feet, elbows - basically anywhere you want smoother skin - love it!!


We joined the dog park again so the pups can run - we've been twice since we got the code and they are loving it :) Charlie especially loves running free & Bebe reverts to being a puppy once we are there - she wants to play fetch endlessly with all the tennis balls.



 My fitbit was WAY in the green after Saturday.... I wish every day looked like this!!


My emotions have been really high the past few days - as many people's have been. The shooting in Orlando is heartbreaking and makes me question faith in humanity and our future. I just can't wrap my head around all the hate. It's something I have never understood - why being gay infuriates so many people. I was planning on running the Pride 5K this year anyway in St Louis but - signed up immediately on Sunday morning when I heard the news - I will do whatever I can to support my friends & family that are in the LGBTQ community - always! My heart goes out to those affected and  their families & friends. 


 I got my Pride Race tee to sport that day from a local business - Arch Apparel - lots of cute Pride shirts and STL shirts - I may have bought a couple :)


 Yesterday we had some storms in the afternoon and then sunshine - I went outside and thought I had missed the rainbow but - it came back as we were standing outside with our neighbors watching the sky - I snapped this pic as the sky was just gorgeous and it made me feel like there is love and healing on the horizon. Sappy but - I have to look at it that way otherwise - hate wins. And we can't have that.


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment