Sunday, July 10, 2016

Planning & Meal Prep

Today was all about planning - i have planned my workouts for this week....


I decided to keep Friday open for an optional rest day as I may be needing it after 4 workouts in a row but - I have had a LOT more energy lately so - will see how I feel on Friday.

Planning out my workouts like this will help me to be more accountable....at least that is the theory :) I am adding weights back in as I really do miss lifting and I know it will help with my running.

Sunday is our meal prep day in our house - it is so much easier & fun now that my husband is joining me on the meal prep. He is all about getting the portions correct & so he is all about the measuring and weighing everything on our digital scale. I tend to eyeball things on the portions.  This week I have my egg muffins for breakfast each morning & baked chicken/lemon quinoa/broccoli for  lunches. I can't stress  how much easier this makes the mornings (and days) flow in regards to getting out the door on time and healthy eats. If I don't plan then my day is very likely to go sideways aka cupcakes, eating out for lunch & a light afternoon snack of starburst/laffy taffy/skittles in the afternoon. Not so good.

Now today I did drink a glass of wine as we meal prepped. I was wondering if this was ironic or zen as I sipped my wine and steamed the broccoli. I decided to go with zen. Cheers.


This is so true. Wine is my go to answer for just about everything these days :) Happiness! Stressed? Irritated! Relaxing. Celebrating! There is a wine for every occasion....


Me being goofy as usual below :)


 Cheers to a successful, low stress, focused, productive week! :) Oh and see calendar above on Thursday...hair is really getting chopped this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment