Thursday, June 9, 2016

Training on the Road

Back from my business trip to Indy - i was so proud of myself for sticking to my training even while out of town on business. Very easy for me to justify or explain away why I can't make training a priority and push it off for another day - not this trip :)

I made myself get up, head down to the hotel gym and put in my 4 miles - it was tough but got the miles in - go me! I was trying to compromise with myself the entire time - from the thought of staying in bed to get an extra 45 minutes of sleep to only running 3 miles once i started. Sometimes you just have to force yourself and put one foot in front of the other.


The meeting I was in Indy for was one that I helped to plan and coordinate so - i am happy to report it went well. And I am so happy it is over! Now I can relax a bit - in fact I am taking staycation days Monday and Tuesday of next week to get some downtime in to chill and unwind. So excited to have 2 whole days of no plans!

I may have rewarded myself with a dirty martini once I got home ;)


yesterday was my husband's birthday so - we went to a vertical stout tasting at a local brewery - Abraxas Stout from Perennial - 2015 was my favorite and I let my hubs drink my '13 and '14. These are 10% ABV so can sneak up on you quick - i just stuck to my half pour ;)


We decided to grab dinner near the house for the hub's birthday dinner - we went to Mission Taco, a local cantina in our neighborhood - here is Chad's fancy pants drink he ordered :)


 It was a fun night and we were home and in bed by 9 - birthday celebrations get tamer and tamer as the years go by ;)

Today is another 4 mile run day - the temps are getting super hot and humid AND our AC decided to stop working upstairs last night :( so.... I may be heading to the gym to get my miles in this afternoon or just roughing it in the heat - lots of water for me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment