Sunday, June 5, 2016

Ice is my new BFF

Got all my runs in this week - even with my husband's birthday party this weekend - yay me! I just switched around my long run day and did it on Friday versus Saturday. Four miles was not too bad....although the humidity is starting to kick in. I really need to start getting my runs in early before work versus the afternoon... summers in St Louis are no joke! And yes I am officially ready for fall already :)

My favorite way to cool down after a run - a burt's bees grapefruit facial towelette straight from the refrigerator! So refreshing :)  The things that go through my mind when I run usually involve cold things - my post run towelette from the fridge, a dip in a cold pool (i wish we had one!), or icing down whatever muscle is aching or acting up. This was me Friday after my 4 miles - sweaty!


 And there has been a lot more icing of the knees too - but, this has really helped and I am not having much stiffness/pain at all - it has really helped. And I think my body is getting back into the swing of running more consistently. Now I do icing as more of a precaution - aaaannd it feels nice :)


and more icing :)


My nutrition has been sketchy with Chad's party and I have a work trip this week - it is always a challenge for me to balance work stress and healthy eating. Add work travel on top of that and well...bad choices ensue. I will try an be healthy this week but - not going to beat myself up over a few extra glasses of wine or a fat steak dinner. I told Chad we would get back into our meal planning once I am home later this week and.... thankfully it is a short trip this week.

 I did make some healthy sides for the party Saturday - some homemade salsa.... love this stuff! So good - I can never find pre-made store salsa that I like as most of it contains sugar. I hate sweet salsa - blech! This is just fresh tomatoes, red onion, jalapeƱos, garlic, cilantro, lime juice & salt - perfect!


Also made some pineapple chow - pineapple, habanero, garlic, cilantro & salt - very spicy and pairs well with pork or any other BBQ protein. Also some fresh watermelon - every watermelon we have bought this year has been so sweet & delicious.


 Now I am off to throw some things into a suitcase and head out for work - this training week will be 2 four miles runs, 1 five mile run on Saturday and 1 easy 3 mile run. My plan is to run tomorrow morning at the hotel on the treadmill or near the hotel - wish me luck with that!  Bringing a baggie with me so I can ice down after my run!

Cheers and hope everyone has a great week :)





No comments:

Post a Comment